Firstly, What is Dubbing?
In sound recording, dubbing is the transfer or copying of previously recorded audio material from one medium to another of the same or a different type. It may be done with a machine designed for this purpose, or by connecting two different machines: one to playback and one to record the signal.
- Software is the program and other operating information used by a computer. Many digital audio workstations are designed especially for musicians. FL Studio and Apple Garage band are some great examples. Yet, other software is much more diverse.
- In fact, some software is better suited to mixing and editing audio for film and videos, recording and editing ADR and/or inserting sound effects and Foley in addition to working well for music composition and looping sounds. In this article, we’ll look at the best audio editing software for video editors. Then, at the end of the list, we’ll go over some key features to consider as you shop.
- You can do a lot of audio work directly in your video editing software, but when you need more specialized tools, a separate audio editing program can really come in handy. Moreover, if you’ve hit the limits of your built-in audio tools, it might be time to look for a more robust solution.
What Should You Consider Before Selecting Your Dubbing Software?
- Before I get into features and capabilities, the first step to finding the right audio editing software for you should consider your computer hardware. That said, some audio software requires more processor power than many video editing packages. Plus, there’s a chance your audio card may also need to be upgraded.
- With that said, an external audio device might be an easy solution for this. Other factors such as your computer’s operating system can also be a factor since some DAWs are OS-specific. In fact, some of these audio editing programs are even specific about the version of that OS. For example, the program might work on Windows 7 but not on Windows 10. Likewise, if you’re considering an audio editing plug-in, make sure it’s compatible with your preferred host software.
- Some audio editing software are more specialized than others, so carefully consider how your needs match up with the software’s capabilities before you buy. Here are some features that might compel you to invest in a dedicated digital audio workstation.
Six Of The Best Dubbing Software In The Market
In this article, I have sampled the top six of the best dubbing tools in the market.
Wave Pad is a powerful audio editing software that can be used for audio dubbing. While you can use this software to record audio, you can also import a wide range of audio formats, including gsm, vox, wma, ogg, glac, mp3, and more. It is a truly versatile tool that can be used on the professional level.
- Here are some more features of Wave Pad:
- Edit audio from video files
- Auto tools that help reduce noise
- Auto audio restoration
- Create bookmarks so it will be easy to work on lengthier projects
- Batch processing for easy application of effects
- Supports a very wide range of audio formats
- VST and DIRECTX plug-in
- Equalizer, amplifier, normalizer, and other audio effects
- While this software is not free, you do not have to pay a monthly fee
The great thing about Magix is that it is very user friendly. The software features a visually engaging interface and system that is easy to navigate.
- Furthermore, just because it looks simple does not mean it lacks powerful editing tools. In fact, Magix is a preferred tool among professional sound engineers.
- You can easily edit and dub audio on Magix. Unfortunately, Magix is also not free. However, it is more than worth to pay the price for this professional, easy-to-use audio dubbing software for Windows.
Adobe Audition cc
Adobe Audition CC easily makes it to the top of the list of the best audio dubbing software. Users of the software have enormous audio editing power. You will be able to edit, mix, and create one of the best audio workstations on the market. With this editing software, you will be able to accelerate and improve your video and audio production.
- Users will be able to insert audio tracks into the desired video clip and use a wide variety of tools to edit. You will be able to modify your audio track into a polished and pristine mix.
- You will also be able to add sound effects, cleanups, and audio restoration. This software really comes with everything you need to make your audio dubbing professional.
- If you are someone who is easily intimidated by an intricate, complex editing tool, then you will not have to worry about Adobe Audition CC as they include in-depth training video guides on how to use their software.
- With these training sessions you will quickly learn how to record, edit, mix, and dub any audio tracks in a professional manner.
- So, if you are looking for highly reliable audio dubbing software for Windows, then you will want to consider Adobe Audition CC. Perhaps the only drawback to this software is that users will have to pay a monthly fee in order to use it.
- There is a free trial that users can download to get a feel of the program. Furthermore, there is a guaranteed money-back feature that you can use if you are not satisfied with the program after a few days.
Free Audio Dub
- As the name suggests, this software is free to download and use. It is a simple, yet effective tool that users can use for audio dubbing.
- While it doesn’t feature any stunning graphics, it does offer a number of useful editing tools.
Audacity is another free audio dubbing tool that is highly rated by both amateurs and professionals alike. The interface is very plain, but simple to use.
- What it lacks in aesthetics, it makes up in functionality. For a program that is free of charge, Audacity is quite impressive.
- The audio editing program offers many features such as the ability to manage multiple recording tracks, manage voice levels, record from microphone record multiple channels, numerous export, and import options, offers high-quality sound, draw tools, envelop tools, other edit tools, analysis tools, numerous plug-in support, and much more
- Audacity also, of course, has the ability to audio dub. With so many tools and features, it is not surprising that Audacity made it in the list of the best audio dubbing software for Windows. The best thing about it all is that this program is completely free.
N-Track is recording software that is highly popular, especially among professionals. While this program is primarily built for recording, it can also be used for audio dubbing.
- The unique thing about n-Track is that it is available on pretty much all the mainstream platforms. The software can be used not only on Windows, but also on Mac OS X, iOS, and Android.
- Furthermore, there are numerous effects users have access to. There is even a drum sequencer module that will certainly be useful for musicians.
- N-Track also supports a wide range of audio formats, so that you will most likely not have any compatibility problems.
- Videos that have the MPEG or AVI format can be synced with an audio track. This means that n-Track has audio dubbing capabilities. Users also have numerous tools to edit and perfect the dubbing audio.
- It is not surprising that so many professionals choose n-Track. Nevertheless, the software is quite costly, and some versions may be in the three digits.
- Yet, there are two types of n-Track software. An amateur can always choose the cheaper of the two first, then upgrade later once he/she becomes more accustomed to the program.
- From professional productions to amateur video and audio editing, there are numerous uses for audio dubbing. Fortunately, you can choose one of the best audio dubbing software mentioned in this list.
- Each of these programs will provide you the optimal tools needed to produce the ideal results for audio dubbing. Choose the best audio dubbing software to make your work perfectly as you have varieties now.