The Dubbing King software caters for various Audio-Visual Translation (AVT) modes. It is used for subtitling, translation and the dubbing processes.
Overview Of Audio To Text Transcription
Audio to text services is one piece of the productivity puzzle that many companies are adopting as a way to streamline administrative tasks, stay on track with goals and projects, and save valuable time. With accurate, high-quality transcripts of everyday business processes, it is the simplest solution for keeping things searchable, easy-to-index, and even easier to recall at any time. With audio to text for businesses, there are dozens of beneficial ways to save time and money in the long-term.
Finishing up goals is something that everyone can benefit from, personally and professionally. As companies large and small ramp up efforts at the end of another year of business, these goals and resolutions become the most useful and even help to shape key performance indicators (KPIs) for the upcoming quarters.
Audio files are becoming increasingly common online, and some content creators may even prefer audio over text. However, until now, the written copy is still more effective than audio alone. Below are some reasons why.
If you have a lot of audio content, the best thing you can do is to convert them to a text format. Plenty of transcription tools exist, which can help you with this.
Who Is A Transcriptionist, And What Is Audio Transcription?
Basically, audio transcription is the process of converting audio into written material. A transcriber prepares an audio transcript in a text that will replicate the contents of a recording. The proceeding in a focus group, interviews, seminars, video explainer, and meetings can be recorded and transformed into highly precise, searchable, and readable text through audio transcription.
A person who prepares audio transcription is called a transcriptionist or a transcriber. These are people who earned their skills through years of experience practicing their craft. A native speaker is a must but not all who apply meet the grade, there are criteria to meet to be eligible for audio transcription
Ways To Convert Voice Recordings Text
Let’s begin with the obvious question: Do you need to easily convert audio recordings to text?
Lots of people use transcription at some point in their lives – from taking down notes in business meetings to transcribing witness statements in court proceedings, doing interviews, keeping a diary or just creating ideas. Whatever the need, converting recordings into text produces some form of documentation for use.
Why Audio To Text Transcription Is So Essential
In this digital age, it’s easy to convert recordings to text. Online dictation software and machine transcription can digitize what you say, in real-time or after the fact. You can also download a transcription app to meet your transcribing needs on-the-go. Finally, if you’d rather not fuss with the process you can outsource your recordings to a professional transcription service.
- Easy accessibility
- A reader can easily scan through copy, find and digest the specific information they are searching for. Also, a reader can navigate swiftly and more easily through articles, grasping the gist of it all, than having to handle an audio file to find the most relevant parts.
- SEO benefits
- When you post text online, it becomes discoverable by search engines. Also, it will start ranking for relevant keywords. When that happens, you get long-tail traffic (niche searches or long-tail variation keywords) that will make your website even more popular.
- Re-purposing content
- When you transcribe audio to text, you can easily create more content for your blog. In turn, that allows you to populate your blog at a faster pace. Moreover, at a later date, you can repurpose that content, making the best use of your time and resources.
- Get social shares
- Audio files are not compatible with social media snippets. However, text and images, needless to say, are. That is why, when transcribing audio-to-text, you can get more social shares, resulting in more traffic.
- Easy content creation
- Transcribing as compared to typing is effortless. If you want to populate or publish more content on your blog/website, transcribing is the best option. The more relevant content you have on your site, the better your website authority will be.
Tools For For Audio-To-Text Conversion
- Audext is the most effective and easiest way to convert your audio files to text online. It uses machine learning technology, ensuring it adapts to the voice in the audio. As a result, the accuracy is on the higher side. The software can identify among many different speakers in the same audio file, which will reduce your editing work.
- Audext text is suitable for media, podcasts, and even educational lectures. The versatility makes it a pretty good option. Also, a fast transcription speed due to AI helps you convert large audio files into text easily and quickly. It supports various audio files and has a text editor, allowing you to make additional edits if needed.
- In summary, everything you might look for in audio-to-text transcription software is available in this tool.
- Online tool
- Uses machine learning and AI technology
- High accuracy
- Supports various audio formats
- Detects multiple speakers
- Easy to edit
- Allows you to upload and export files quickly
- 360Converter is an audio-to-text transcribing tool online. You can easily attach the audio and select its format/type and convert it to text. 360Converter offers you reasonable accuracy and quick results. The only problem is that you will have to devote some time for editing. If you’re ready to do that, it is a pretty good tool to use. As it’s readily available online, you don’t have to download anything on your computer.
- The interface of the tool, however, leaves a lot to be desired. It’s oversimplified, and at times, it can seem mundane. In spite of its long history, it is not as accurate as Audtext, and that is why it takes second place on our list. While on the ease of use basis 360Converter might score higher, but the average precision of the tool does not help.
- Online tool
- Reasonable accuracy
- Supports various file formats
- If you don’t mind downloading the software to transcribe audio to text, Sobolsoft is a reasonably good option. You need to download the client on your computer and add the MP3 files that you want to transcribe. Also, it allows you to add multiple MP3 files.
- The limitation, however, is that it supports only the MP3 format. If you have the audio in any other form, you will have to first convert it to an MP3 file without distorting the quality. During the transcription, the part below will continuously notify you regarding the transcription time of the entire file.
- Sobolsoft requires little resources, meaning you can easily install it on any computer. If you have the audio in an MP3 file, it’s an excellent tool to use.
- Suitable for MP3 files
- Facilitates easy conversion to text
- Easy to monitor the progress
- Temi is speech recognition software that supports audio-to-text conversion. It’s an automated software that allows you to convert 5 minutes of speech into text. You can easily edit your files to get the output you want. You can export the output in MS Word, PDF as well as other file formats.
- The transcript quality is dependent on the audio input file. If your audio file is noise-free, the tool works smoothly. Temi has a unique feature where it asks you about the audio file you are uploading. It asks you questions like whether it is noise-free, whether the speaker was close to the mike, whether the conversation is clear or whether there is an accent in the audio. Accordingly, it transcribes the audio into text.
- The advantage of this questionnaire is that it provides accuracy when the audio quality is not up to the mark. Thus, it’s a decent tool to transcribe audio to text, but the five-minute limit can be a hindrance for many.
- Multiple export options
- Converts 5-minute speech into text
- Suitable for noise-free audio files
- Braina Pro is one of the best audio to text transcription tools out there. The voice to text app has a clean interface. You can transcribe not only the audio files but also edit them. It uses artificial intelligence to facilitate precise dictation. You need to keep in mind that it’s a bit slower compared to other tools. Also, it requires clear audio to transcribe the text accurately.
- One feature making Braina Pro a good option is multilanguage support. If you’re not transcribing audio files to English, you can consider this option. You can also program the software to set alarms and reminders for you. It can read e-books as well.
- The software can work as a personal assistant. The problem is that with so many features on offer, the speed takes a knock. That is why transcribing is a bit on the slower side. If you don’t mind the long transcribing time, go with this tool.
- Uses artificial intelligence
- Provides an interface to edit
- Multilanguage support
Audio-to-text transcription can help you build your websites in more ways than one. The above tools will support you in developing content for your site. Among the five different options above, Audext is the best choice due to its speed and precision. The others follow closely, but Audext is the winner.