The Dubbing King software caters for various Audio-Visual Translation (AVT) modes. It is used for subtitling, translation and the dubbing processes.
An Overview Of What Audio-Visual Transcription Is
I’m assuming if you clicked on this article it only means that you already know what exactly transcription is and you are looking for the different software available that you can use to do your transcriptions more so if you are a freelance transcriptionist.
For those of you who just clicked on the link by mistake and do not know what Transcription is, then it is converting audio/video recorded files into written scripts while still maintaining the original language throughout the process.
A lot of service providers who offer transcription as one of their services is aware of how long it can take before a transcription project begins so having software that is fast and accurate really comes in handy in saving time and ensuring that the services they offer are at per with their brand. This further promotes marketing success, which is usually determined by efficiency. The faster you produce results, the longer you can focus on refining your overarching strategy and capturing more of your audience’s attention than your competitors can.
Recently before all this software were introduced in the market transcribers would always type out their personal notes, ideas, and document physically which would prove strenuous. That you type slower than you can think means you’re probably wasting a good chunk of time on something that could be automated.
Fortunately, with time and different innovations, different software’s have come about that support files being produced without typing them physically and we will look at each one of them step by step and I hope that by the end of it all you will decide which one would best suit you.
These kinds of software go with the general name of Voice-to-text software. Just like the name states, it’s a software that lets an individual use their voice to create different files and documents which is faster than typing out all the documents. This software makes working and also expedites workflow. We will dive into what exactly the voice-to-text software does and how it works before we mention all the other voice-to-text software’s out there.
The way voice-to-text software’s work is that they have a speech recognition technology that automatically turns any spoken words into written words. They can also take commands from a human’s speech in the same way they recognize spoken words, but this mostly works well on a computer.
With that said we can outline some voice-to-text software’s that we have in the market today from the best one in terms of efficiency and quality. Below are 8 of the best voice-to-text software’s that will make your transcription work easy and fast for you.:-
For a more in-depth overview of what is audio-visual transcription, check out this article on what is audio-visual transcription before we delve into the different audio-visual transcription software available in the market.
What Are Some Examples of Voice-To-Text Software?
Dragon Professional Individual.
- Many professionals say that this is the most effective software for voice to text transcription. It allows one to do all their work on it with no typing on the keyboard. The reason I say that the dragon professional individual is preferred mostly by professionals is that it’s built in a way that it can adapt to a specific voice, jargon, and work environment. It’s accuracy and speed to transcribe and edit recorded audio into scripts is placed at 99% which if you ask me, is as good as it gets. Just like google doc voice typing software allows commands for editing and formatting, the dragon Professional individual can also use voice commands to control the computer’s actions and web browsers enjoy sending emails and creating reports. Another beneficial factor about this software is that it can integrate perfectly with Microsoft Office, iWork, and other popular business applications that you can think of. This software is available for Mac and Windows and it goes for approximately $300, I would suggest for professionals to invest in this software.
- As much as Braina Pro has made it on this list it’s not only a speech recognition software it’s more like a personal virtual assistant powered by artificial intelligence. There are a couple of tasks that this software does apart from its ability to dictate more than 100 languages enjoy setting alarms and reminders, giving updates on current events, serving as a dictionary, playing videos and songs, reading eBooks out loud, searching for files and folders on the computer and so much more. The software works well with any machine with built-in microphones and is only found on windows at approximately $239.
- For starters, speech notes are free and can be accessed by any individual out there who needs to transcribe audio or recorded file. It has an accuracy of 90% with simple, clean, online dictations. There is no need to download, install or register to use speech notes so I can accurately say that this is the most easily accessible software. This is one of the software that allows you to dictate while typing it automatically capitalizes the letter at the beginning of a sentence. When you’re finished dictating on Speech notes, you can email or print your documents, export them to Google Drive, or download them onto your computer.
Google Docs Voice Typing
- Google has a voice to text software that works together with the google docs, which receives dictated voice documents and turns them into google word documents. If you are a writer and want help in using dictation and typing out your notes into written documents and you have never used google docs or google sheets, then I don’t know what you are waiting for, the only way you can access this google docs voice typing dictating software is that you must use the google doc for it to work well. The best thing about it is that with this software you can get over 100 voice commands that you can use to edit and format your documents in any way that you can think of and access to designs like bullet points, italicizing of the fonts and also making them bold. One can also move the cursor to different parts of the document using their voice. To use Voice Typing on Google Docs, all you have to do is click on “Tools”, “Voice Typing”, and let Google access your laptop’s microphone.
E-speaking Dictation Software
- This software uses Microsoft’s Speech Application Program Interface and Net Framework, which allows the use of the voice to give different commands to your computer. Some commands that this software allows is commanding the computer to read texts out loud and also dictate documents and emails. The software has over 100 built-in commands, like “open internet” or “open excel”. You can also train words and add more commands on e-Speaking to take even more control of your computer. It is found on Windows and at only $14.
Voice Finger Dictation Software
- This is one of the software that I find to be interesting and fun to use. It was created specifically for people with disabilities and injuries and also competitive video game players. It is one of the fastest software that helps in controlling the mouse and keyboard at a fast pace. Using just your voice, you can click the left, middle, or right buttons on your mouse, drag-and-drop items on your computer, and repeatedly click items. You can also use commands to type, hold, and hit keys on your keyboard. You can access this software on Windows at only $9.99.
Apple Dictation Voice-To-Text Software
- You can tell from the name that this software is for Apple devices only. It is inbuilt dictation software that uses Siri’s server to dictate up to 30 seconds of speech when connected to the internet. This software is better for short and precise dictations like thoughts and to-do lists and whatnot. If you are a person who wants to work on large documents, then it is advisable to update your Mac’s operating system to OS X 10.9 or later, Enhanced Dictation is the better option. This voice-to-text tool can help you dictate with no internet connection or time constraints on Apple Pages. And with over 70 voice commands, you can control your Mac’s actions, allowing you to type, edit, and format almost any document. The software is available on Mac and it is free since it comes inbuilt.
Windows Speech Recognition Software
- Just like the Apple dictation software is an inbuilt software for Apple products so is the windows Speech Recognition Software, it is an inbuilt speech recognition software for Windows gadgets. This software is better than the Apple ones because it allows dictation and controlling of texts on any browser, program or web application. If you have Windows 10 you can activate Microsofts’s personal assistant Cortana to help with setting reminders, managing your calendar and email, playing music and finding quick answers to anything you might want to know.
You can also activate Microsoft’s personal assistant, Cortana, if you have a Windows 10, to streamline your day by setting reminders, managing your calendar and email, playing music, and finding quick answers to any pressing or random questions.
To set up Speech Recognition on your Windows computer, click on Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access > Windows Speech Recognition. Then click on the Speech Recognition option.